Offer terms and conditions

Terms and conditions
  • Customers purchasing a Home Insurance policy with Policy Expert will receive free ‘Legal assistance – Select’ and ‘Home emergency - Select’ cover free for 12 months. Policy wording and summaries can be found on the Policy Documents page.
  • Legal assistance and Home emergency cover is provided to you free of charge if you purchase a Home Insurance policy directly through Gocompare,, Compare the Market or between 1st January 2016 and 31st December 2018.
  • If you decide to call us to complete your purchase you will need to provide the quote reference number displayed on the Gocompare,, Compare the Market or website that corresponds to the Policy Expert quotation to obtain the free cover.
  • If your qualifying Home Insurance policy is cancelled for any reason, your free Legal assistance and Home emergency cover will also be cancelled.
  • If your Legal assistance and/or Home emergency cover is cancelled for any reason within the first year, you will not receive any premium refund and the premium for your Home Insurance policy will not decrease.
  • This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
  • Offer not available to existing customers or those due for renewal.
  • We may withdraw this offer at any time, but any policies in effect will continue to run until their expiration date.
  • Please ensure you read your policy documentation to understand the restrictions and conditions of cover.

Please note the following restrictions on your free cover:

Legal assistance

  • Cover is for policy holders; the husband, wife or partner of the policy holder (who shares financial responsibility); and the children & parents of the policy holder who normally reside at the risk address.

Home emergency

  • If your boiler is more than 15-years old, the Primary Heating System (section 2) detailed in your policy wording is excluded.
  • Claims within the first 48 hours of cover will be declined unless you have continuous Home emergency cover from another provider that will be cancelled when our policy starts.
  • If you are purchasing a ‘contents only’ policy you must have a buildings insurance policy with another provider. Proof may be required in the event of a claim.
  • Cover only applies to main residence and not second homes or rented properties.