Location: Milton Keynes office
Department: Customer Service
Closing date: n/a
Reports to: Head of Customer Service
Who are we?
Policy Expert is one of the fastest growing Insurance providers in the UK. Since launching in May 2011, we have been rapidly expanding and now have a headcount of over 400 experts across four sites.
We have busy contact centres based in Central Milton Keynes and Motherwell which are full of dedicated, positive people who enjoy an environment focussed on teamwork and fun.
Our London office is where the behind the scenes magic happens, and is home to all the developers and support staff who help make Policy Expert run smoothly.
What you'll be doing
The primary focus for this role is to support individuals on the floor, in a way that enables them to achieve their own development plans along with helping increase performance.
To achieve this you will be supporting the Management team to embed a culture of high performance whilst maintaining a strong customer experience,
through assessing, measuring and enhancing the performance of customer facing individuals.
- Ensure focus is maintained by individuals in your respective team on key performance areas
- Consult, coach, mentor and train individuals to deliver the customer experience that meets the company objectives
- Support the Team Managers, in any periods of absence and be on hand to support any people or performance issues, when these arise
- Work closely with Team Managers to support individuals that require additional coaching for under performance and to track improvements, ensure these are regularly updated and progress is regularly communicated to all stakeholders
- Conducting engaging and informative daily catch ups and one-to-ones with team members (supported by CRE performance tracker)
- Coaching and developing all team members through regular coaching sessions, live and remote listening providing them with advice and guidance to help them improve their sales calls further instilling our values and behaviours
- Regularly walk the floor to provide support and guidance to your team members and in the absence of Team Managers
- Be seen as a role model across the business, demonstrating strong competence and knowledge of business policy and procedures
- Act as an escalation point for complaints and liaise directly with customers when required
- Share insight from calls with your peers and Team managers to address any underperformance or lack of customer focus on calls making suggestions for improvement
- Act as a key contact point for internal/external queries relating to Customer Service
- Review and update PDPs and learning logs ensuring all individuals are on track to achieve both areas to focus on and personal goals. Communicate any underperformance to the Head of/ Team Managers
- Where appropriate attend Quality & Compliance feedback sessions to CRE’s providing support and guidance where required
- Attend one-to-one with respective Head of ensuring that you go along to this session prepared with your evidence to support your performance and conduct during this time period
- Feedback on behavioural and quality issues as soon as they arise both to the CRE and Team Managers, keeping your Head of informed
- Support any new starter's following the on-boarding process ensuring they are provided with the support they require
- Conduct informative and engaging formal monthly one-to-ones with each member ensuring these are clearly and accurately documented
Skills we need
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of having worked in a call centre environment
- Proven experience of having coached or trained individuals with specific focus on improving sales performance
- Ability to take instructions, action them and provide clear upward communication on progress
- Ability to motivate, inspire and engage a group of individuals to achieve outstanding results
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- Ability to adapt to changes within a fast paced working environment
- Be self motivated with a natural desire to achieve
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage your own time effectively