Location: Milton Keynes office
Closing date: n/a
Reports to: Finance Manager
Who are we?
Policy Expert is one of the fastest growing Insurance providers in the UK. Since launching in May 2011, we have been rapidly expanding and now have a headcount of over 400 experts across four sites.
We have busy contact centres based in Central Milton Keynes and Motherwell which are full of dedicated, positive people who enjoy an environment focussed on teamwork and fun.
Our London office is where the behind the scenes magic happens, and is home to all the developers and support staff who help make Policy Expert run smoothly.
Who are you?
You will be a highly motivated and hard working individual who has the ability, determination and drive to consistently over achieve on challenges presented. An effective communicator, with the ability to deal with high volumes of data, whilst being accurate with a methodical approach.
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for weekly / monthly sales and cancellations reconciliations
- Processing, manipulating, understanding and analysis of high volumes of data
- Assisting in processing of monthly payroll
- Ownership of weekly BAC’s / cheque refunds
- Processing weekly and monthly overtime reports
- Assist in improving financial controls and processes
- Sensibly challenging current processes for improvements
- Dealing with internal and external policy transaction and payroll queries
- Ensuring reconciling items are followed up and resolved promptly
- Responsible for petty cash
- Processing staff expenses
- Manage and maintain digital and hardcopy filing
- Ad-Hoc reporting
- Administrative tasks
What we would like you to have
- Previous accounts / finance experience
- Active studier- AAT finalist / early ACCA/CIMA/ACA; study support is available
- Attention to detail and sees tasks through to completion
- Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with the ability to think outside the box
- Honest and discrete when dealing with confidential financial information
- Confident using multiple systems, platforms and portals
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to adapt to changes within a fast paced working environment
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills to maintain productive working relationships
In addition be great if you had
- Accounting experience, preferably reconciliation / payroll
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent numerical and data manipulation skills
- A good understanding of data privacy standards, integrity; honesty
- Familiarity with business principles and practices
What we can offer
- Excellent salary
- Fantastic working environment
- Long term and stable career with empowerment on personal development
- Opportunity for accountancy study support