Buildings Insurance - Standard Cover in our policies:
- Properties of most shapes, sizes and construction types covered, up to a rebuild value of £1 million.
- Garages, sheds and outbuildings covered as standard.
- Accidental Damage Cover for damage to mains services, fixed bathroom fittings and fixed glass only.
- Alternative Accommodation for your family if your home becomes uninhabitable.
- Trace & Access – Our insurers don't just fix the damage, they can also help to diagnose the root of the problem.
- Property owner's liability insurance.
- Extend your Accidental Damage Cover for full protection, whether it’s a foot through the bedroom ceiling or a nail driven into a pipe, you’re covered.
- Add Legal Expenses Insurance to provide up to £50,000 of legal expenses towards protecting your home rights. Find out more.
- Add Home Emergency Cover to give peace of mind when disaster strikes. Find out more.
Contents Insurance - Standard Cover in our policies:
- Cover for typical household contents you keep in your home – choose your amount up to £100,000.
- Alternative Accommodation if your home becomes uninhabitable (even if you don’t have Buildings Cover with us).
- Accidental Damage Cover to protect from mishaps to mirrors, ceramic hobs and glass (such as oven doors and glass-topped tables). Some policies will cover damage to TVs, desktop PCs and games consoles as standard too.
- Valuables and high-risk items cover provided as standard (total limits apply, ranging from £10,000 to £30,000 depending on insurer). No need to specify items worth less than £2,000 and you can cover individual items worth up to £15,000.
- Extend your Accidental Damage Cover for total protection for all your belongings for e.g. dropping a vase or spillages on sofas.
- Add Bicycle Cover for up to 4 bikes.
- Add Away from the Home Cover for certain personal possessions, including valuables.
- Consider Legal Expenses Insurance and Home Emergency Cover as Optional.
Here are a few commonly asked questions about Buildings and Contents Insurance
What sort of Home Insurance do I need?
Buildings Insurance covers the entire structure of your home, including roofs, walls, fences, hedges and gates. Most mortgage lenders require Buildings Insurance as part of the lending agreement.
If you do not own your property then you cannot insure it, however you may wish to purchase Contents Insurance which covers your belongings and valuables in your home.
If you need to purchase combined insurance then it is often better to buy them together in one single policy rather than as separate cover; insurers offer the best value deals to those that do and it also keeps things nice and simple if you need advice or have to make a claim.
Why choose Policy Expert?
- We are rated the UK’s Number 1 Home Insurance provider!
- We have a UK-based customer service and claims team
- We provide online access to all of your policy documents
- There are no hidden fees – what you see is what you get
- All of our policies are written in Plain English, not insurance jargon
- We can fix your price for two years
What you'll need to run a quote
- Your address (type of property, roughly when it was built, number of rooms)
- General information about your property such as the types of locks used
- Who lives there, and when are people typically at home
- How much would it cost to rebuild (we’ll suggest a figure based on your postcode)
Sunday September 25, 2016
Friday September 23, 2016
Tuesday September 20, 2016
Friday September 09, 2016
Wednesday September 07, 2016
Wednesday August 24, 2016
Thursday August 18, 2016
Tuesday August 16, 2016
Tuesday August 16, 2016
Saturday August 13, 2016
I would like to thank you for your communication with me over this claim.
I think the attention you have paid to my claim has been first class.
Thank you again
Just a short note to say a personal thank you for your prompt attention to my claim.
I am impressed by the willing attention to all matters leading to a prompt conclusion. Funds received today!
The service was outstanding from reporting the issue to resolving it last night. Can’t thank you enough.
Wow! I’m so impressed! I never imagined this would be so straight forward, thank you so much for brilliant service
This has been a very traumatic time which has been made easier with your quick response and efficiency. I really can’t thank you enough
Thank you for your swift help and concern, I really appreciates it and have been with this insurance for a few years and I’m pleased with everything that’s been dealt with
We can not thank you enough for all your assistance and help
We want to thank Roy and all others at Trinity Claims Team who may be involved for the excellent service which we have received throughout the process of our claim.
There has been common sense, politeness, good will and fairness all the way.
And it has been carried out with speed too. Many many thanks.
Our house is now back to normal and we feel confident that Policy Expert will always look after us.
I’d also like to take this chance to say how overwhelmed I am with the speed with which you have dealt with my claim and the extraordinary level of customer service offered to me. This is the first time I’ve had to claim on my insurance and I’d like to say a special thank you to yourself, Toby and Alexia for making this process so much easier than I thought it would be.
Just wanted to say thank you for your friendly and efficient handling our call this morning following our fire.
It was a frightening experience for us but you certainly helped.
Once again, thank you